Wednesday 19 January 2011

Section 10 - Video Log Sheets/Production Diary




Production Diary

07/01/2011
Today we began to cut out each shot and move it onto a clear location on the timeline so that they will be easier to find when it comes to the edit. I have also been through every take of each shot decided which was best and cut out the bad shots. I did this by stopping the film at the start of each shot then isolating the 1 good take then using the razor tool to cut it out. Then I selected the chosen shot and moved it up onto a bar so that i could easily see which shot is which.

07/01/2011
I have finished cutting each scene and editing out the bad takes. Next I will begin to blend each shot together in order to make the movement of the whole film consistent. Also i have noticed that in some shots the tripod we used has been left out. I plan on cropping the image to rectify this mistake. I have now edited out all of the shots ware the tripod in shot. In future I will make sure I levee all equipment behind the camera.

10/01/2011
I have finished the rough edit so now I will cut down each shot to make sure the characters have smooth movements. I’ve now done half of this and so far I am very happy with the results.

11/01/2011
I am continuing editing the shots so that the whole film is smooth and has no continuity errors. I should get this stage of editing finished by today then I can add effects.

12/01/2011
 Today I’m continuing to make the film more fluent. I have now finished the major part of the editing process all I need to do now is add in the split shots of the map then I can add effects. I have finished adding in the split shots of the map. I may re-do some of this at a later date and make it completely accurate to the story board.  

14/01/2011
Last lesson we added a soundtrack to the project. The music was not long enough so i have cut and looped the end of the audio. This still isn’t synched perfectly so i intent to alter it some more at some point. Today i plan on adding different fades and dissolves to the project.

17/01/2011
Last time I added several dissolves including fades to black and cross dissolves. I also spent a long time looking at the audio bar finding the perfect places to cut the music so that the listener cannot tell that it has been looped. I am very happy with the result and also how the music flows nicely with the visual as well as the transitions and fades being well synched with the visual. Today I completely finished the visual editing by adding one final cross fade on the last shot and sharpening some shots that earlier I had previously zoomed into to cover continuity errors. Today I added the titles and added effects to them causing them to dissolve in and out of the shots. The edit process should now be complete though I am considering making the final shot cut to a title screen instead of the 1st shot of the film which was the original idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment